specialist IT lawyers have a very high level of understanding of
technology and the technology market, with decades of experience of the
IT, communications and software industries.
Supplier-side clients know we can fit seamlessly into their organisations and are easy to use.
Customer-side clients benefit from our knowledge of the IT industry and
know they can rely on us to secure their best interests.
Our work includes:
- software development, licensing, escrow, and maintenance and support agreements
- outsourcing projects and technology spin-outs
- LAN, WAN, WiFi and WiMax infrastructure arrangements
- fixed, mobile, satellite and VoIP communications infrastructure arrangements
- transitional services agreements, technology services and consultancy agreements
- website development and hosting agreements
- data centre, disaster recovery and business continuity arrangements
- advising on data protection and digital commerce regulatory compliance
- advising on digital security laws and the use of encryption and electronic signatures
- advising on intellectual property rights in software and data
- electronic point of sale projects and payment clearance arrangements
A highlight of SJ Berwin’s information technology practice
experience includes acting for the UK banking industry, on a new UK
electronic payment system that will allow UK consumers and businesses
to use the internet or telephone to make same day payments.
We also act for leading UK and global IT suppliers, software
houses and major corporate customers in manufacturing, retail and