Our Madrid office is the market leader in Spain in structuring all types of private investment funds, including Private Equity, Venture Capital, Infrastructure, Funds of Funds, Real Estate, Mezzanine Funds and increasingly, Hedge Funds. The Madrid office also provides advice on the incorporation of management companies, secondary market transactions, co-investment structures and incentive (carried interest) and a large number of transactions such as fund restructuring.
The Madrid office is leader in the use of innovative structures, and pioneered the design of funds that merge different structures. As an example, we have combined domestic vehicles (such as Spanish FCR) with Anglo-Saxon Limited Partnerships and other instruments (such as the Luxembourg SICAR and SIF) in order to create optimal structures to accommodate a wide variety of investors. SJ Berwin also enjoys market recognition as the leading expert in the design of co-investment structures and incentive schemes.
We keep our clients up to date with developments in the law and market practice as they happen. Our active seminar programme and regular publications ensure that our clients stay one step ahead. Our weekly email bulletin Private Equity Comment has more than 6000 subscribers.
Our market leading position is widely recognized, we have received a number of prestigious awards and recognition from the private equity industry:
- Law Firm of the Year 2010 (Fund Formation) Private Equity International
- European Law Firm of the Year (Fund Formation) Private Equity International 2009 Awards
- Corporate Team of the Year - The Lawyer Awards 2010
- Law Firm of the Year – BVCA/Real Deals Private Equity Awards 2010
- LBO Law Firm of the Year - Fifth annual ‘Grands Prix’ awards - Private Equity Magazine 2010