Our EU, Competition and Regulatory team in Paris is part of a major international department which has been a core practice area of our Firm since its foundation. The team is headed by Marc Lévy, who created the department upon his arrival in September 2003, and comprises 5 lawyers. The department is widely recognised as one of the leading practices in EU regulatory and competition law and has been named "Competition Team of the Year" three times.
SJ Berwin's EU, Competition and Regulatory department in Paris has extensive experience in advising on and defending alleged cartel cases before the European competition authorities, including the European Commission and the French Autorities. This includes advising on compliance programmes, fines, leniency applications and strategy, handling on site inspections, and subsequent investigations by the authorities.
We also assist our clients in obtaining competition clearance before the European Commission, the French Competition Authority ("Autorité de la Concurrence") and other national competition authorities around the world. The team has excellent working relationships with officials in key departments of the Autorité de la Concurrence and the European Commission.
Our competition experts also advise clients in matters relating to French unfair trade practices, consumer and distribution laws, in particular in the pharmaceutical and new technology industries.
We advise clients on:
- EU, national and multi-jurisdictional merger, acquisition and joint venture clearances
- cartel investigations, market enquiries and dominance cases
- leniency programmes
- bespoke competition compliance programmes
- pharmaceutical matters, in particular parallel trade issues
- distribution and commercial networks, agreements and practices
- French unfair trade practices rules
- European Community law developments
- EU, competition and distribution-related litigation
- representations before the European Commission, Court of First Instance, the European Court of Justice and the Autorité de la Concurrence
click to view our EU & Competition brochure.