An understanding of taxation is essential for today’s business transactions. Therefore, a thorough tax knowledge should be central to any law firm's practice. Our German Tax team has an outstanding reputation in a number of specialist fields.
Our tax partners have close relationships with both the industry and the responsible authorities in Germany. They are deeply involved in lobbying for the private equity industry in Germany and, in particular, work closely with the German Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVK) and the German Association of Alternative Investments (BAI). Our lobbying work substantially influenced several guidelines and statements of the German tax authorities and legislative processes in the last few years.
The Tax team offers the full range of strategic tax planning services, advising private equity funds, corporate clients and individuals on structuring their tax affairs and transactions in the most efficient way. Our approach is to deliver integrated advice considering not only tax issues but also the legal, economic and accounting aspects of a transaction. Our service is supplemented by the accounting expertise (German GAAP, IFRS, US-GAAP) of GKT Industrie- und Handelstreuhand AG, our associated accounting firm.
Our professional tax consulting services comprise in particular:
- mergers and acquisitions
- management- and leverage-buyouts
- joint ventures
- recapitalisations and reorganisations
- property transactions including securitisations
- cross-border transactions
- international tax structures
- infrastructure projects
- structuring venture capital and private equity funds
- carried interest structures
- assessing the double taxation consequences of international fund structures
- property limited partnerships
- tax optimised succession planning
- structuring of employee remuneration and benefits
- advice on tax audits
- applications for binding rulings
- tax appeals and tax litigation