Our Madrid based employment team is fully experience in all labour, social security and personnel-related matters, with extensive expertise in contentious and non-contentious aspects of employment and social security law.
Led by Carlos Gil Iglesias, the Madrid team provides day-to-day advice to businesses on a wide range of employment-related issues including:
- advice on contractual matters: drawing up confidentiality, post-contractual non-completion clauses, use of email
- legal assistance on substantial modifications in working conditions such as working time, remuneration, functional and geographical mobility
- advice on remuneration policies: stock option plans, benefit plans, compensation and absorption plans
- legal advice to management and directors, drawing up contracts, golden parachutes, remuneration packages
- legal assistance on employment termination, both individual and collective (redundancies)
- protecting confidentiality and goodwill (including employee monitoring)
- Employment issues derived from transfer of undertakings (mergers, spin-offs, acquisitions, sale and purchase of assets, etc.) and from the individual or collective termination of the employment relationships.
- assistance in negotiations on collective bargaining agreements and company agreements
- Judicial proceedings before any level of the Social Jurisdiction.
Our clients include large and medium size companies and top executives. The team's practice combines both non-transactional work and transactional support work (principally to our corporate and tax departments).
Our lawyers provide personalised and high quality legal advice, always identifying and avoiding litigation.